Monday, October 25, 2010

Plans...

I was reading my sister's blog tonight...a little down and I came across a verse she quoted:
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
 Proverbs 16:9 

How many times have I gone through life planning the courses I was going to take? Where I would go to college, what I would study, when and who I would marry...and when life doesn't go to plan I simply have a pity party for myself. I look past all of the wonderful things in my life! My friends, family, good health, job, etc. I forget His promise to me:

"'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

So why is that when life gets hard or complicated I forget that promise? Why do I pity myself? How can I get passed my own worldly wants and get back to the heart of it and have that intimate relationship with Jesus? I don't have the answers to these questions...I mean I'm literally typing my thoughts out right now, but I can say one thing...

THANK GOD THAT HE DETERMINES THOSE STEPS!!! I think I would do a pretty horrible job if it was just up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment