Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fears...

Everybody has fears...some are hard to admit. One of mine is sharing my faith...

Last sunday was our dedication of our new building for First Baptist Rogers. We were blessed to have Dr. Bruce Wilkinson speak last sunday and he presented us with a challenge. Our church is in the middle of a kairos  moment, and has the opportunity to change the future of the church and commit to growth. The challenge is to double the number of attendance by November 2011. Of course, this means that we must get involved, must go out! This is confronting one of my biggest fears. Sharing my faith...I don't know what it is that is scary...I believe and want others to know of this great love that God has for us and how he has impacted my life. So why is it so hard for me to vocalize what God has done for me?

I've come to the conclusion that my issue is exactly what I just wrote, it's hard for "me" to vocalize. What it comes down to is that I'm not trusting God to speak through me. I'm limiting His use of me. I'm letting Satin tell me that I'm not good enough, educated enough,  special enough...fill in the blank...

Here is my commitment:
"The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, my invincible army. He will make my feet like hinds' feet. To walk, not stand still in terror, but to WALK! and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering or responsibility." Habakkuk 3:19 (adapted)

I heard this verse stated this way a few years back at a Beth Moore Conference, but it has more meaning today then it did then. I need to stop making excuses and rely on God to keep me walking.

1 comment:

  1. Girl I have struggled with this and still do from time to time...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete